POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future
From: Invisible
Date: 7 Aug 2008 11:16:04
Message: <489b11b4$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> There's one thing I wondered about game creation.  (Hey, Warp! :-)
>
> How does the planning and design go?  I mean, take a game like Thief or
> Halo or Half Life or something, where there's all kinds of complex 3D
> stuff going on.  It's not like you can whiteboard such a thing very easily.

Actually, I think I recal seeing some black and white pen drawings for
the storyboarding for Halflife somewhere... Don't remember where though.

What *I* wonder about game design is how the hell you model 3D objects.
Every 3D modeller I've ever used has been excruciatingly difficult to
operate...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/